Two held for killing debtor on farm - kubwatv

Breaking News

Two held for killing debtor on farm

man Court stops move to expel APC Exco in Ogun

Two men, Odion Monday, 29, and Fred Okoh, 50, have been arrested for allegedly killing Mr. Monday Omowua on his farm in Esan North East Local Government Area of Edo State.
They allegedly killed Omowua for his inability to pay them a debt of N100,000.
Monday, who addressed reporters when they were paraded in Benin, the state capital, said Okoh killed Omowua.
The suspect said he only heard gunshots.
He said: “This man here (Okoh) is my very good friend. I went home to do my father’s burial at Uromi and this my friend, who is a property agent, told me that Omowua gave him land to sell and he (Omowua) later came back to collect the land. In his anger, he lured him to the farm to kill him.
“He asked me and one of his brothers to follow him to the farm, but on our way, he asked me to wait for him inside his car. What I later heard was the sound of a gun.
“I was not aware that he was going to kill him. He only told me that he was going to see him on the farm.”
Okoh denied knowledge of the late Omowua, saying it was Monday who knew the deceased and that he even reprimanded him for killing his creditor.
He said: “There is no truth in what he is saying. This boy is the person who knows the man. I do not know where he lived or his farm.
“He told me that the man was owing him N100,000. He asked me to follow him to collect the money and that he would give me a part of it.
“I did not know if he was holding a gun. So, when he met the man on the farm, he requested for his money but the man was quick to ask if it was on the farm the debt was taken.
“Before I knew it, he brought out a gun and shot him dead. Then, I asked him why he shot the man because of N100,000. He angrily entered his bike and drove off.”
Police Commissioner Babatunde Kokumo said the suspects would soon be charged to court after the completion of investigations.

No comments

Search This Blog

Pages