Man allegedly kills father with stone - kubwatv

Breaking News

Man allegedly kills father with stone

man Aba

A 32-year-old man, Rufus Akande, has been arrested by men of the Edo State Police Command for allegedly killing his 75-year-old father, Usman Akande, with a stone.
Rufus was alleged to have committed the act on his father’s cashew farm at Ibillo, in Akoko-Edo Local Government.
He was alleged to have used a stone to hit his father several times after an argument on the farm.
Police Commissioner Hakeem Odumosun said the late Usman told his son not to enter the farm again, and he (son) attacked him.

Read also: ‘I got my first heartbreak at Law School’

Rufus, however, denied hitting his father with a stone.
He said his father chased him around the farm with a cutlass and fell down, hitting his head on a stone.
“I did not kill my father. He was pursuing me and he fell down. The stone was on the ground. My father died six days later in hospital.”
Odumosun said the suspects would soon be arraigned.

No comments

Search This Blog

Pages