2019 presidency: Awolowo denies endorsing Buhari, Osinbajo - kubwatv

Breaking News

2019 presidency: Awolowo denies endorsing Buhari, Osinbajo



The Chairman, African Newspapers of Nigeria, ANN, PLC, publishers of Tribune titles, Ambassador (Dr) Olatokunbo Awolowo Dosumu, has denied endorsing, the presidential candidates of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Muhammadu Buhari and his Vice, Prof Yemi Osinbajo.
Dr Awolowo reacted in a statement she personally signed and made available to journalists on Sunday.
She pointed out that though it was her right to endorse candidates for political offices based on her conviction, it was not transferable.
“Whereas, it is my right to endorse candidates for political offices based on my conviction, this inalienable right is not transferable. I, therefore, consider this attempted blackmail utterly preposterous and I totally reject it.
“I do not belong to any political party. I restate my commitment to the sustenance and promotion of the legacy of Chief Obafemi Awolowo and his Jewel, Yeye Oodua H. I. D. Awolowo, in every detail. I note the emerging consensus that Awo’s prescriptions continue to be the unassailable strategies for development in this country.
“Finally, let me state in unequivocal terms that I, Ambassador (Dr) Olatokunbo Awolowo Dosumu, never commissioned any person(s) to print posters with my photograph endorsing any candidates for any elections. Any publication to that effect is fraudulent and should be dismissed in its entirety.”

No comments

Search This Blog

Pages